SUP Adventures is now operating from 2nd April 2021, providing an opportunity to exercise in the outdoors. We are ASI and British Canoeing qualified instructors and have high standards in place to ensure the safety of our clients.
We ask that all client’s sign the waiver disclaimer stating they do not have any COVID19 or flu symptoms and agree to abide by social distancing at all times. We request that all participants comply with the following guidelines:
- Self-assess for the following COVID Symptoms within 24 hours prior to attending a Valley Adventures session:
- A high temperature
- A new, continuous cough
- A loss of, or change to, their sense of smell or taste
- Maintain a separation not face to face of not less than 0.5m to other paddlers during any activities
- Not shout loudly in the proximity of other paddlers
- Wherever possible, self-rescue is to be attempted
- Hands are to be regularly washed with the anti bacterial gel provided prior and after any activity where other paddlers have used the same equipment
- Shared equipment to be cleaned and sanitised before use by any other person
We operate to either 1:1 or with members from the same household for SUP activities, with measures in place so instructors and students maintain social distancing at all times in and off the water. Any person displaying flu like symptoms will not be allowed to participate in activities.
Hand sanitiser is provided for clients. All equipment and clothing is disinfected prior to being used by you, and disinfected immediately after use.
Clients are also welcome to bring their own equipment.
At the Lesson
- We advise participants they must be able to swim and self rescue themselves (due to social distancing rules).
- In the safety briefing, we focus on self rescue skills, i.e if the client falls off the board, they must be able to get themselves back onto the board safely. Reiterate techniques.